Theatre of the Renaissance
Per saperne di più Nascondi
A few steps from the Moris, a perpetual renewal, built in 1872 on the rubble of a restaurant burned down by the Commune of Paris, the Renaissance Theatre is the direct heir of Victor Hugo and Alexandre Dumas. In 1837, they had obtained the right to create a new theatre: the "Renaissance" troupe, which was to carry the voice of Romanticism high.
This Italian theatre can now accommodate 650 people and its building has been classified as a historic monument since 1994.
The history of the Théâtre de la Renaissance is that of the great names of the theatre: Feydeau, who was its secretary, created his first play, Tailleur pour Dames, in 1886; He took his first steps as actors; Sarah Bernhardt was its director from 1893 to 1899. In recent years, Fabrice Luchini, Guy Bedos, Georges Wilson, Francis Huster and Josiane Balasko have performed there.
To learn more about the Renaissance Theatre, visit its website or find the shows below and book your seats.